Why Take This Course?
- If you love to dive and you think you want to take the first step to develop your professional career in diving, you should take this course. As the first step of a PADI professional, this course is going to extend your underwater skills to a professional level and help you become a role model and expert in client service. You will be able to guide certified divers and assist Instructors during other PADI courses. If you want to become an PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor this course will be the step to get you there.
- As a Divemaster in training with CUE you will have to develop a social protect with the local community. As a part of this dive master course you will learn how to be a profesional diver, but as a requirement you have to interact and enhance a social issue in the local community. We dive with passion and we help for love.
Why Should I Take This Course With CUE?
- Because with us, you will smile long after you leave…and until your return.
- Although there are many places to obtain dive certification or a dive opportunity, by joining CUE, you are supporting a local, independent, and Colombian-owned company, that is community-minded; driven to support eco-social projects; and committed to crafting your dive experience from these values.
- We are not just any dive company, and we don’t use the word “ecotourism” lightly. Every day we work tirelessly to offer safe, professional, inclusive, and welcoming dive experiences that place healthy relationships and interactions with the ocean community at the core of the experience.
- Diving with us will ensure an accommodating, personal, and hands-on experience. Through attentive, guided instruction and small group sizes, you will have time to learn, relax, and enjoy the experience at your own comfort level—in ways that consciously minimize dive impact on the natural environment through education and practice.
- Whether a planned trip or travelling through, we will offer you flexibility and affordability to meet your needs.
- At CUE we aim to be collaborative, not competitive and you will not receive a market-driven, cookie-cutter dive experience. Instead, you will be offered transformative dive experiences that leave you with the knowledge and skill set to continue your journey as an ocean steward as a lifelong member of the CUE dive family.
What Will I Learn?
- Characteristics and role of a PADI Divemaster
- Supervision, guiding, and assisting certified and student divers
- Diver safety
- Business of diving
- Awareness of the environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefing
- Learning how to perform search and recovery workshops
- Assisting discover scuba diving experiences
- Rosario Islands, Cartagena
- HOWEVER, if you are interested in any other destination in Colombia, tell us where…
How Much Time do I Need?
- At least 30 days to complete the course and to get experience
- Note: We can help you arrange accommodation in the Rosario Islands
- 18+ years old
- PADI Open Water Diver Certification (or equivalent)
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Certification (or equivalent)
- PADI Rescue Diver Certification (or equivalent)
- Current Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid)
- 40 logged dives and 60 dives to earn certification
- Good physical shape and medically suitable for diving (a medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months required)
- Opportunities to learn professional knowledge and skills
- Opportunities to apply skills in supervising scuba diving activities and assisting with diver training
- All scuba gear (i.e., fins, mask, BCD, regulator, tank, weights)
- Transportation to dive sites
- Personal CUE Instructor/Guide
- PADI Divemaster Crew pack
- PADI Divemster certification card (if completed successfully)
- CUE logbook
- Snacks and water
- CUE t-shirt
- Transport to Cartagena prior to Course commencement
- Transportation Cartagena – Rosario Islands – Cartagena
- PADI annual membership
- Accommodation in the Islands
- Alcoholic beverages and daily meals
- Wetsuit and booties (Note: Water temperature ~28 °C)
- Optional items or experiences beyond what is included in this Expedition package (e.g., professional underwater digital dive photos–Inquire with CUE for more information!)
- What’s not specified
- Fins with boots
- Water shoes
- Dive computer and compass
- Underwater camera/GoPro (housing and accessories)
- Headlamp or flashlight
- Sunscreen (look for reef-friendly options)
- After sun cream
- Reusable water bottle
- Sunglasses (polarized is a recommended option)
- Bug spray
- Small day pack
- Dry bag (if you are bringing valuables)
- Quick dry towel
How do I Book?
- Choose a date in the calendar
- Book the course today!
Future Diving Recommendations:
- As a professional diver you will need your own dive gear in future:
- Scuba equipment (i.e., mask, snorkel, fins, regulator, bcd)
- Dive computer and compass
- Dive knife
- Surface Signalling Device and reel
- Note: we can help you with the purchase of any gear