Why Take This Course?
- This second course will give you a high level of stability, experience, and pleasure as you practice and hone your diving skills. You will dedicate more time to develop advanced techniques and experience adventure dives that extend your knowledge and ultimately make you a more confident diver. This course will give you the opportunity to extend your depth limit to 30m/100ft.
Why Should I Take This Course With CUE?
- Because with us, you will smile long after you leave…and until your return.
- Although there are many places to obtain dive certification or a dive opportunity, by joining CUE, you are supporting a local, independent, and Colombian-owned company, that is community-minded; driven to support eco-social projects; and committed to crafting your dive experience from these values.
- We are not just any dive company, and we don’t use the word “ecotourism” lightly. Every day we work tirelessly to offer safe, professional, inclusive, and welcoming dive experiences that place healthy relationships and interactions with the ocean community at the core of the experience.
- Diving with us will ensure an accommodating, personal, and hands-on experience. Through attentive, guided instruction and small group sizes, you will have time to learn, relax, and enjoy the experience at your own comfort level—in ways that consciously minimize dive impact on the natural environment through education and practice.
- Whether a planned trip or travelling through, we will offer you flexibility and affordability to meet your needs.
- At CUE we aim to be collaborative, not competitive and you will not receive a market-driven, cookie-cutter dive experience. Instead, you will be offered transformative dive experiences that leave you with the knowledge and skill set to continue your journey as an ocean steward as a lifelong member of the CUE dive family.
What Does it Consist of?
- 5 Knowledge development areas: Individual and guided instruction
- 5 Advanced-level dives
- Rosario Islands, Cartagena.
- HOWEVER, if you are interested in any other destination in Colombia, tell us where…
How Much Time do I Need?
- At least one night and two days to complete the course
- Note: We can help you arrange accommodation in the Rosario Islands
- 10+ years old
- PADI Open Water Diver certification (or equivalent)
- 5 Knowledge development areas: Independent and guided instruction
- All scuba gear (i.e., fins, mask, BCD, regulator, tank, weights)
- Transportation to dive sites
- Certified CUE Instructor and Guide with extensive knowledge and experience
- 5 Advanced-level dives
- PADI Advanced Open Water manual
- CUE Logbook
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver certification card (if completed successfully)
- Snacks and water
- CUE t-shirt
- Transport to and from Cartagena prior to Course commencement
- Transportation Cartagena – Rosario Islands – Cartagena
- National Park Tax
- Accommodation in the Rosario Islands
- Alcoholic beverages and daily meals
- Wetsuit and booties (Note: Water temperature ~28 °C)
- Optional items or experiences beyond what is included in this Course (e.g., professional underwater digital dive photos–Inquire with CUE for more information!)
- What’s not specified
- Fins with boots
- Water shoes
- Dive computer and compass
- Underwater camera/GoPro (housing and accessories)
- Headlamp or flashlight
- Sunscreen (look for reef-friendly options and bring A LOT!!)
- After sun cream
- Reusable water bottle
- Sunglasses (polarized is a recommended option)
- Bug spray
- Small day pack
- Dry bag (if you are bringing valuables)
- Quick dry towel