Why Take This Course?
- Welcome to the underwater world! Your perspective and the way you travel will change after this course, as you are about to experience the other 70% of the world like you never have before. We are happy to be a part of this incredible and life-changing first adventure. If you have always been attracted to the water world, this course will open your mind and take you to places where the beauty of nature will take your breath away.
Why Should I Take This Course With CUE?
- Because with us, you will smile long after you leave…and until your return.
- Although there are many places to obtain dive certification or a dive opportunity, by joining CUE, you are supporting a local, independent, and Colombian-owned company, that is community-minded; driven to support eco-social projects; and committed to crafting your dive experience from these values.
- We are not just any dive company, and we don’t use the word “ecotourism” lightly. Every day we work tirelessly to offer safe, professional, inclusive, and welcoming dive experiences that place healthy relationships and interactions with the ocean community at the core of the experience.
- Diving with us will ensure an accommodating, personal, and hands-on experience. Through attentive, guided instruction and small group sizes, you will have time to learn, relax, and enjoy the experience at your own comfort level—in ways that consciously minimize dive impact on the natural environment through education and practice.
- Whether a planned trip or travelling through, we will offer you flexibility and affordability to meet your needs.
- At CUE we aim to be collaborative, not competitive and you will not receive a market-driven, cookie-cutter dive experience. Instead, you will be offered transformative dive experiences that leave you with the knowledge and skill set to continue your journey as an ocean steward as a lifelong member of the CUE dive family.
What Does it Consist of?
- Open water dives to experience, enjoy, and discover many incredible places AFTER finishing Theory and confined sessions.
- Rosario Islands, Cartagena
- HOWEVER, if you are interested in any other destination in Colombia, tell us where…
How Much Time do I Need?
- At least 1 night to complete the Course
- Note: we can help you arrange accommodation in the Rosario Islands
- 10+ years old
- All scuba gear (i.e., fins, mask, BCD, regulator, tank, weights)
- Transportation to dive sites
- Certified CUE Instructor and Guide with extensive knowledge and experience
- 4 Open Water-level dives
- PADI Open Water Diver manual
- CUE logbook
- PADI Open Water Diver certification card (if completed successfully)
- Snacks and water
- CUE t-shirt
- Transport to Cartagena prior to Course commencement
- Transportation to the Rosario Islands
- Accommodation in the Rosario Islands
- Alcoholic beverages and daily meals
- Wetsuit and booties (Note: Water temperature ~28 °C)
- Optional items or experiences beyond what is included in this Course (e.g., professional underwater digital dive photos–Inquire with CUE for more information!)
- What’s not specified
- Fins with boots
- Water shoes
- Headlamp or flashlight
- Sunscreen (look for reef-friendly options)
- After sun cream
- Reusable water bottle
- Sunglasses (polarized is a recommended option)
- Bug spray
- Small day pack
- Dry bag (if you are bringing valuables)
- Quick dry towel
How do I Book?
- Choose a date in the calendar
- Book the course today!